My sister-in-law, Alex, introduced me to the newest design craze of wall decals just a few months back when decorating for Olivia’s nursery. Olivia’s room is precious with white birch trees set against a dark blue wall with white and yellow accents. I was inspired to go out and find my own design for our little jumping beans room.
I have recently felt like the internet is my enemy. It has way too much information and way too many choices. That is a whole blog in itself. Either way, I finally found one I loved on Etsy.com, but it was sold out. Just my luck. I searched the internet until I found a similar pattern on Amazon and went ahead and ordered it.
It only took a couple days to make it by mail and I was so excited to open up my new package. Unfortunately, it wasn’t exactly what I expected. I still liked the design but the color was blah (aka jet black other than the leaves) and it seemed kind of small. So I got creative. Matt was in Chicago this weekend with his brother and a couple of friends from home, so I had plenty of down time to work on my new project.
I still used the leaves from the wall decal I purchased, but the rest I hand painted. I think it turned out great!
Stage 1
Our dresser with changing topper from Pottery Barn Kids came in this past week as well. I’ll get better pictures up later, but the nursery is really coming along.
No comments:
Post a Comment