We finally did it! We traded in both of our cars for one.
It was such a hard decision. My car was paid off, but it also had 120,000 miles and was a hybrid. At this point if anything had broken it would have cost a fortune to fix. Matt’s car was a lease and limited on miles, so we couldn’t depend on just his car. Plus we purchased the Audi in Texas when we didn’t have to worry about all wheel drive, so it didn’t handle well in the snow and ice. But I don’t drive anymore. I travel for work most of the week and when I am not traveling I work from home. One week a month I work out of the Boston office, but I can easily catch a ride with a co-worker or take the T (subway). Other than work and weekend trips, we walk to everything.
Having two cars was becoming more of a hassle than a necessity. We park on the street and there is street cleaning every other week. So you have to constantly worry about where the “extra” car was parked so it didn’t get towed. Is it parked correctly so that it doesn’t get ticketed. Even if you park in the right spot, there is the chance that someone get’s permits from the city for moving or something else and puts them out. If you don’t check your car every day to make sure there aren’t any permit signs out, you can get towed. Ahhh, living in the city.
So we made the decision, time to get one car that works for all of our needs and will work for life with baby. We landed on the 2011 Chevy Equinox in Mocha Steel and we couldn’t be happier with the new car!
No comments:
Post a Comment