What a great surprise. Of course all any parent wants is a healthy baby with 10 fingers and 10 toes and we are no different. Boy or Girl I just feel blessed to be given the opportunity to be a mom and meet my little nugget. With that being said, I think both Matt and myself were secretly hoping for a little baby boy. But all the signs were pointing to girl: the baby has had a consistently high heart rate, I was craving fruit, I have a hard time stomaching meat, it has been an easy pregnancy and all the quizzes/tests have pointed to pink bows.
Today was the day to find out one way or another. We made it to the ultra sound office around 8:30AM, but of course they made us wait for nearly 45 minutes until the technician was ready. As she poked and prodded, she kept referencing the baby as “she”. I anxiously asked if she had seen something we hadn’t. She told me she wanted to make sure the baby was healthy before she would check the gender. MJB was squirming all over the place. Although the movement was much harder to detect now that he is bigger and took up more of the screen. Finally, she asked if we were ready to know the gender. She slowly moved the camera towards his bottom where he was sitting. She didn’t even have to confirm the sex. There was no question - MJB is a little baby BOY!
He is sitting down with legs on either side of his man parts.
I looked at Matt who was in total shock and a proud smile came over his face. He is excited to be a dad, but this was something different. All of the Tuel boys have had girls. It’s the family joke that out of four brother’s their wouldn’t be anyone to carry on the family name. Now, I’m sure there will be many more boys in the future, but for the moment Matt was basking in his ability to create a little baby boy Tuel to carry on the name.
Now it’s time to start thinking of a replacement name for MJB. This might be a tough one as we can’t seem to get on the same page with the boy names. We were set for a girl, but now it is back to the drawing board.



No comments:
Post a Comment