Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Football Lessons

Matt and I have been so busy over the last couple weeks that we really haven’t had a chance to sit down together and watch a Texas Tech football game this season. This Saturday with nothing on the to do list we were ready to watch our Red Raiders take on the Texas A&M Aggies for one last time at Jones SBC Stadium.

It was a tough game to watch as we battled it out only to come up short, but the four hours spent on the couch did teach me a couple lessons:
1.       The rest of this season might just put me into early labor. I love college football, and can’t handle the pressure of such an intense game pregnant. Poor Reed could feel my anxiety and was only adding to it as he hooped and hollered at the TV with me.
2.       I need to start watching my language. Especially when I get heated or passionate about something I don’t always say the most lady like things. I was screaming at the TV and appalled at what was coming out of my mouth. I made a strong effort the second half of the game to use different words, but I have a long way to go.
3.       Not that it came as a surprise, but Matt and I are going to have very different opinions on how to raise little Reed. During the second half of the game, the commentators started talking about the “vandalism” of the A&M busses. My response – “What is wrong with people. We make ourselves look bad. Why can’t we just let our actions on the field be enough?” Matt responded by saying – “I don’t mind. What do you expect? If I saw an Aggie bus, I would probably do the same thing.” I couldn’t help but smile at his response as it confirmed that we sometimes approach things from completely different angles and it is going to get interesting. Do you watch Modern Family? That is us - I am Claire and Matt is Phil.

I can’t wait until our little nugget is here so that he can dress up with us to watch the end of this year’s season. He should be here in just a few short weeks and it is all becoming so real. I feel like I am ready to be a mom, but still have so many flaws. Am I really ready? Guess there is no turning back now. That is half the fun of parenthood, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment