Baby Reed could be here any day now! I cannot believe that his due date is just 14 days away. Matt and I are both ready for him to make his grand appearance and hold him in our arms.
Doctors Visit Update: While we are ready for Reed, he doesn’t seem quite ready for us. My doctor said he has dropped a little bit since last week, but not much. She could easily feel his head so he is in the right position. I am not dilated at all. She said that if she was a betting woman she would bet that he is going to wait until his due date or later. I gained a pound and a half since last week putting the total weight gain at 27 lbs.
Baby Showers: I haven’t had the time to post on here about my showers, but have put most of the pictures on Facebook (plus most of those reading this blog attended them). I had two amazing showers in Texas and feel so blessed to be surrounded by so many friends and family even if they are nearly 1,800 miles away. This past weekend, my girlfriends in Boston threw me my last shower. They all pitched in to make it an incredible afternoon. They even had Reed Hot Sauce and custom cigars for the gift bags!
Belly Shots: I have been taking week by week pictures for the blog of my growing belly, but I really wanted to get one or two good bare belly shots for Reed’s baby book. So last night, I hung a black wrap dress up as a back drop and had Matt take a couple pictures. What do you think?
Daddy & Reed:
Nanny Update: We hired a Nanny today! If you remember, a couple months back I blogged about our childcare options here in the city. We are doing a nanny share with another family that lives right down the road. Essentially, we hired a nanny that will watch both of our babies together and the cost is split between both families. Anne (the other mother) had her little girl, Elizabeth, nearly 7 weeks ago and is going back to work at the same time as me. Anne and I started looking for a nanny at the beginning of the month through Sittercity.com. First we visually screened the applicants, then phone interviewed about half a dozen and finally met live with our favorite three.
We decided to go with Ann (the nanny) because she has an Associates in Early Childhood Education and a Bachelors in Human Development. She knew more than Anne or I put together on developmental stages and what activities are best for what ages. She is more than just a babysitter, but eager to help Reed and Elizabeth grow and develop over the next couple years. On Monday we sent over the employment contract and she accepted this morning! It is a huge weight off my shoulders and I am so excited that we found such a great fit for both of our families.
All that being said, Reed we are ready for you whenever you are ready for us!
(Today before heading out in the rain)




No comments:
Post a Comment