After our weekend to the Conneticut River, I headed to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin for a work leadership conference that was a lot of fun. Then back home for a quiet weekend at home with a day trip out to Winthrop beach. It was a first for us, and suprisingly nice beach with great views of the city.
The following weekend, we packed up our bags and headed down to Long Beach Island (LBI), New Jersey. One of our girl friends grew up down there and invited us out for the weekend to stay at her parents beach house. It was amazing! The island is only ½ a mile wide and 15-20 minutes long. It is part of the Jersey Shore, but a completely different section from where they film the show. The beach was beautiful and the main strip was covered in boutique shops and local restaurants. I definitely hope we get an invite back next year so that Reed can get started fist pumping early.
To get to LBI, we flew into Atlantic City and out of Philadelphia. Matt and I took advantage and left early Sunday to spend a couple hours walking around and exploring Philly.
The following weekend some of our best friends – The Erbe’s – made the treck up to New York City for a quick weekend meet up. Amanda flew in on Thursday night so that we could spend a little one-on-one time together and then the boys joined us on Friday. It was so good to catch up with them and see old friends! Matt and I tried our hardest to convince them to move up north closer to us, but I don’t think we succeeded.
Best story of the weekend: On Thursday night after dinner, Amanda and I headed up to the rooftop bar ontop of our hotel. When I walked by the bar a guy made a comment towards me which I ignored, found a comfy seat and waited for Amanda to order a drink and join me. About an hour later, the same guy came up to us and asked if it was ladies night out, if he could buy us a drink and join us. I told him, he was more than welcome to buy me another water, but I didn’t think he would have much fun with a 6 months pregnant lady. He turned bright red and all his friends started cracking up. Moral of the story, I felt extremely flattered. Granted, I know he was drunk which is why he couldn’t notice my bulging belly, but still flattering!
In just a couple hours, we are headed up to Maine for our second annual Waco Saco trip. This is similar to floating the river down south. We set up camp tonight, float half way down the Saco River tomorrow, pull our canoes to shore at the campsite and then float the rest of the way down on Sunday. It will definitely be a different experience from last year seeing as I will be the only sober floater, but I am still excited!!
Oh yea, and amongst all the business travel during the week, and vacationing on the weekends, Matt and I have been spending what spare time we have searching for a log cabin in New Hampshire…. and I think we found one! Offer was accepted and inspection is on Tuesday. I’ll update more about that once we are out of the grace period.
Sorry for such a long entry! I really need to get better at doing this weekly ;) Have a great weekend!!

No comments:
Post a Comment