Friday, August 12, 2011

Belly Business - Week 27

How far along: 27 weeks
Size of the baby: Head of Cauliflower (about two pounds and about 14 ½ inches long)
Total weight gain/loss: Weighed in at the doctor’s office today – that is the only time I will step on a scale anymore – and haven’t gained as much as I would have thought. I have gained 15 lbs total. They say you are supposed to add another 11 lbs in the third trimester. If I end the pregnancy at 26 lbs weight gain, I will be a very happy lady!   
Maternity Clothes: I am all over the place. I still wear a lot of non-maternity clothes, and crack myself up trying to put on old pants or skirts. For instance, take a look at my 27 week maternity photo below. The skirt is a non-maternity skirt, but there was absolutely no way to zip it. So thank you to the BeBand in combo with Gap maternity tanks who have saved me from buying a maternity suit. (I luckily have one black suit jacket that ties in the middle – no buttons – and it has gotten a lot of use over the last couple months)  
Cravings: Nothing in particular, but I am still eating lots of sweets. I had the glucose test today, so fingers crossed it comes out normal so that I can continue to stuff my face with desserts!  
Symptoms: My back is killing me!! I know I should be doing yoga and other back strengthening exercises to alleviate the pain, but I don’t have the time. I am crazy busy with work and carrying a combination of my computer bag, baby Reed and my boobs, my back is about to break under the pressure.
Movement: This is my favorite part of pregnancy. Reed loves to move and I love to feel him boogie. He is especially active after meals, and I have found he loves loud music. I have been trying my best to keep up with all our friends and be a good DD for the summer and it has paid off. The loud music at night gets Reed extra active. It’s one thing to feel him kick, but I love when he starts flipping around squirming and just going crazy. I can’t tell you how excited I am to meet him!! Only three more months ;)
Gender predictions: No need to guess, it's a boy
Name: Reed Stewart

25 Weeks -

26 Weeks -


27 Weeks -



No comments:

Post a Comment