Update on Child Care:
We are definitely going the route of a nanny share for baby Reed. It is so nice to know we have found a great family, the Emricks, to raise our little nugget with. Anne and Brian are due in just a couple of weeks, and I can’t wait to find out what they are having. They live just a couple blocks from us in Charlestown. We have decided that since their place has more space the babies will stay there with the nanny full time instead of switching back and forth. Now we just have to find a nannyJ I hear sittercity.com is a great resource, but we can’t use it until we are three months out from the start date which will be January 1st. I guess I just have to be patient.
Update on the Cabin:
The inspection went really well and the appraisal came back much higher than we expected. Matt and I are so excited about our little country escape. The cabin is set on two acres. It is a little less than two and a half hours from Boston nestled on the border of the White Mountains in Bethlehem, NH. It is about a ten minute drive to a couple of our favorite ski slopes and five miles away from the second largest lake in New Hampshire so we can get the most out of it year round. I am beating myself up because we have only been out to it once and I didn’t take any pictures. We are looking forward to our first family Thanksgiving with baby Reed up in the White Mountains! It will become one of many Tuel family traditions.
Natural Disasters:
This week has been a crazy one in the North East for natural disasters. When the earthquake hit Virginia on Tuesday I was out visiting our Charlotte office. I was in a meeting with one of my reps when the building apparently shook. Honestly, I don’t think I noticed it, but the rep I was meeting with said I stopped talking grabbed my stomach paused and then kept going. He didn’t want to interrupt me so he didn’t mention it until later. About 10 minutes later, I jumped on the phone with another one of my reps in Toronto and he said I should be glad I wasn’t there because they were having a crazy day. I asked what he meant, and he said that everyone was freaking out because they had just had an earthquake. I jumped on CNN and learned that we had both been shaken by the same quake. Pretty Crazy!
Now it is time to turn our focus towards Hurricane Irene? Last year at about this same time, there was another hurricane threatening the east coast, but all we got was a couple hours of rain and light wind. It sounds like this threat is a little more serious, but I’m not too worried about it right now. If it hits New York, then I’ll start freaking out. Until then, I’ll just keep watching the news like everyone else hoping Irene loses strength and changes course on her way here.
Baby Shower:
I just got the invite for my baby shower in Texas and they are so cute! My beastie’s did such a great job on the theme and the invites. I can only imagine what they have in store for the shower. They know how much I love Texas Tech football, so guess what the theme is J Now I just need to find an outfit to stretch over baby Reed. I found these super cute tanks (see below), but I can’t find one for Texas Tech. Not Cool! For those of my girlfriends who will be coming and have babies of your own, bring them! I can’t wait to see everyone and their new additions!!
No comments:
Post a Comment