Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

It is amazing how quickly my circle of “mom” friends is expanding. This year there are so many new mothers to celebrate and even more celebrating the baby to come like me. I am so thankful for all the amazing women in my life. It makes this process so much easier. I can always count on them for advice on what books to read, reassurance of what symptoms are normal or just to talk me off a ledge. I am especially blessed to have two remarkable mothers (my mom and mother-in-law). MJB is going to be one lucky baby surrounded by love and support. Happy Mother’s Day to all the mommies out there!
As for my first unofficial mother’s day, Matt and I had an extremely relaxing weekend full of food and nature. On Friday evening we took the recommendation of a townie and drove out to Winthrop to try out a whole in the wall Mexican restaurant. Typically we wouldn’t trust a Mexican recommendation from a local, but she promised that she had family in Texas and that this was the closest she had found to Tex-Mex. She was right! The food was delicious and the atmosphere took us back home. We left in a food coma and will definitely be going back soon.
On Saturday, our friends Ann Howery and Austin Ortiz came in town from Dallas for Ann’s graduation. Ann lived in Boston when we first moved here and just received her master’s from Northeastern. We met them out for a couple of drinks to celebrate- just water for me of course. We discussed all things Ann missed about Boston and the things we missed about Texas. As I flipped through facebook, I noticed a plate of crawfish and mentioned how I wish we could get them here. Just my luck, Ann knew exactly where we could find some. Guess where we ate dinner tonight?
Today I woke up early to chorizo and egg breakfast tacos (Thank you to my mom and Vicky for sending the chorizo). We called our mom’s to catch up and make sure they got our gifts, and then we headed out for the day. First a two hour hike at a local nature reservation with the dogs. We came home exhausted and rested on the patio in the sun. After a couple hours we made our way through the city to Summer Shack for crawfish. This city was alive and full of color. All and all it was a great weekend!




I know a couple of you want to see tummy pictures. Unfortunately there isn’t much to see yet. However, while I was getting ready for work mid week I noticed it is starting to bulge! I went ahead and snapped a shot. I can’t wait until I have a full belly and don’t just look soft. Note to self: Wearing a high waist skirt with shirt tucked in at 13 weeks pregnant is not a good look. Wish I had packed another outfit J

1 comment:

  1. lookin' good! happy (late) first unofficial mother's day!

    ReplyDelete