It is well known that I have zero fashion sense and try to spend as little time shopping as possible. If I were rich, the first thing I would splurge on is a personal shopper so that I would never have to think about what to wear again.
With that being said, even I have an itch to buy some new clothes for spring and summer. It has to be one of the hardest parts of pregnancy that no one talks about. I don’t want to buy traditional clothes because I know they won’t fit me in a few weeks. Yet I feel awkward trying on maternity clothes because I don’t have a stomach to fill them out yet. What is a girl to do?!
Next weekend Matt and I are headed to Newport, RI with friends for Memorial Day weekend so it is time to bust out the swim suits for the season. I don’t think anyone enjoys looking at their pastey white soft winter bodies the first time as they prepare for summer. But try adding 6-8 lbs of pure flub to your middle section. I had visions of a full cute tummy by the time we headed to the beach, but instead I just feel bloated. Trying to figure out what to buy/wear has never been so depressing.
Poor Matt had to take the brunt of it as I walked out of every store with my head hung down wallowing. I finally managed to find a tankini that will suffice, but still not thrilled. Maybe all I need is some sun? Bring it summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment