I’m already falling behind on my goal to update the blog once a week. All day long I run through great ideas and topics to write about. Unfortunately, by the time I get home from work I am exhausted! I crawl up in a ball on the couch, snuggle with the puppies and rarely move until it is time for bed.
This weekend was just another reminder that I am pregnant and my body doesn’t want to accommodate our everyday life…
Matt and I love Charlestown and living in the city. However, we know it is going to be a tight squeeze raising MJB in our 1100 sq ft condo. As soon as I found out the jumping bean was coming the designer in me started to mentally re-arranging our space. The office/guest room would have to become the nursery/guest room. That meant that I only had 50” wall space to fit the crib.
First hurdle, a standard crib is 52” (too big for the room). After lots of searching, I found the perfect crib at Pottery Barn for “small spaces.” Even better, it was on clearance and included a custom mattress. I know it is way too early to start filling out the nursery, but I went ahead and ordered it. MJB’s bed was delivered on Friday and a weekend project was created!
Before we could put the crib together on Saturday though, we had to break down, move and rebuild a book shelve. This is the type of project I normally salivate over and can’t stop until it is done. Not Saturday. After only an hour or two I was exhausted!! Literally had to sit down and take a short nap before I could keep going. Not that Matt minded.
An hour later I was back up and finally able to finish what we started:
Moral of the story: I can’t wait to get some energy back as I move into the second trimester.
12 week ultrasound:
How far along: 12 weeks
Size of the baby: Large Lime (.5 oz and 2.5 inches long) Total weight gain/loss: 3lbs. still waiting for the belly to pop
Size of the baby: Large Lime (.5 oz and 2.5 inches long) Total weight gain/loss: 3lbs. still waiting for the belly to pop
Maternity Clothes: Not yet
Cravings: Fruit Smoothies, juice, ice cream and fruit
Symptoms: Overall I have felt really good, just tired and hungry all the time!
Movement: Tons during our sonogram appointment today, but nothing I can feel yet. Can’t wait until I can!!
Gender predictions: Definitely thinking a girl. Sting Test = Girl. Multiple Choice quizzes = Girl. Chinese calendar = Girl (forgot my conception date changed since I had last looked at it). Tuel boys history = Girl. We should find out at our 18 week sonogram on June 9th!
Cravings: Fruit Smoothies, juice, ice cream and fruit
Symptoms: Overall I have felt really good, just tired and hungry all the time!
Movement: Tons during our sonogram appointment today, but nothing I can feel yet. Can’t wait until I can!!
Gender predictions: Definitely thinking a girl. Sting Test = Girl. Multiple Choice quizzes = Girl. Chinese calendar = Girl (forgot my conception date changed since I had last looked at it). Tuel boys history = Girl. We should find out at our 18 week sonogram on June 9th!

yay! I love MJB and the crib fits perfectly! Belly pics soon please!
ReplyDelete