Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11 – 10 years later

10 years ago today I was just a sophomore in college glued to the TV with the rest of the world watching as the terrorist attacks unfolded. It is hard to grasp that 10 years have already come and gone and today I sit again watching as we remember those who lost their lives.
Only today, I can’t stop crying. I have a different perspective. I am heartbroken for each of the children who woke up on 9/12/2001 without a mom or dad. Even though Reed is not here yet, it is true that motherhood changes you. I think he is better off in my womb today, because if he were in my arms I may squeeze just a little too hard just to let him know how much I love him. I can only pray that Matt and I will be able to live long enough to watch him grow up and see what type of man he will become.  
How can anyone, no matter their intentions and skewed perceptions, watch today and feel proud of their “accomplishment” of the 9/11 attacks?
My heart goes out to all of those that lost their loved ones 10 years ago today. I only hope we can find even ground in the near future to ensure that this never happens again, on local or foreign soil.  

No comments:

Post a Comment