Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Charlestown Mothers Association

I love our neighborhood in Boston!


We choose Charlestown because it reminded us of Windsor, where we lived in England. It is a historical community along the freedom trail with sites like the Bunker Hill Monument, the Constitution and the Warren Tavern. It is also a short (less than a mile) walk or ferry ride to downtown Boston.


Now that we have Reed we have just one more reason to love it here, the Mothers Association. This morning, I attended a new mom's breakfast at a host mothers house a couple blocks away. More than a dozen mom's attended with their newborns. It was a great way to meet other moms with babies the same age as Reed.  A CMA board member was there and said that 10 to 15 babies are born in Charlestown each month!


I met some great ladies and was invited to a play group tomorrow afternoon. The mom hosting tomorrow even lives on our street and her son is 11 weeks old. I am excited to widen our circle of friends and hopefully meet some new friends for Reed.


CMA is how I met the family for our nanny share as well. Here is a picture of Reed and Elizabeth. E is two months older.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.1

No comments:

Post a Comment