Friday, April 15, 2011

Announcement

These past six weeks have been torture! Anyone who really knows me understands that:
1.      I love to gossip – I’m not proud of it, but I can’t help it. Guess I take after my mom in this regards.
2.      I can’t keep a secret – if you tell me something, someone else (generally Matt) will probably know within 24 hours.
3.      I talk ALOT
I guess these three things really go hand in hand. So on February 27th when I took a positive pregnancy test, I couldn’t wait to tell anyone and everyone. However, I knew that we had to wait before I could spill the beans. Torture! Just a couple days later it was confirmed by a blood test and our due date was set for October 21, 2011.

A couple years ago, my mom started buying me baby clothes for Christmas gifts. A little crazy, I know, but it worked to my advantage. On March 6th, the day before our first doctor’s appointment, my entire family was on video Skype when I pulled out the Texas Tech baby outfit my mom had given me. They couldn’t be more excited! We then called each of Matt’s siblings and his mom to share the news. They all had strict instructions - you can’t tell anyone until we are further along!

Did I mention I’m a planner? I knew that on our 10 week doctor’s appointment we would get to see the baby and hear the heart beat. That was going to be good enough for me that this was a strong pregnancy and I would call all of our friends immediately to let them know. God doesn’t always like plans though, does he?

On March 24th at our 10 week visit we got to see our little jumping bean, but it was just that… little. Too small to be as far along as we thought (see pictures below). In fact, according to the measurements we were only 7 weeks along!! Although the baby had a strong heartbeat and lots of movement, all I heard was you have to wait another 3 weeks before you can say anything to anyone! Torture!! The due date was moved from October 21st to November 9th.

Yesterday, at our second 10 week visit, we got more good news. The heartbeat is still strong (141 at 7 weeks, 160 at 10 weeks) and everything is right on track!! I know we aren’t through the first trimester yet, but I couldn’t hold it in any longer. We are going to be parents!!

Sorry to everyone I have been ignoring. I knew that if I talked to anyone I wouldn’t be able to keep my mouth shut. The hardest part has been at work. In my new role I am constantly talking to new reps and getting to know others better. I haven’t known how to answer questions like - Do you have any kids? or How are you liking the travel? Much less explain why I need food every five minutes or why I’m not drinking at dinners/events. It all has me a little tongue tied. I even had a rep ask me the other day if I am always this quiet... I didn't know what to say to that either!

7 week ultrasound:

I have two friends who have included this on their blogs and thought it was a neat way to chronicle the pregnancy, so I am stealing it J
How far along: 10 weeks and 2 days
Size of the baby: Plum (5 grams and 1.5 inches long)

Total weight gain/loss: Wish I was losing! Only 2 lbs weight gain, but my stomach just looks fat at this point. Yesterday my doctor said I was getting a “pouch.” I just hope it’s the baby!
Maternity Clothes: Not yet

Cravings: Fruit Smoothies
Symptoms: Overall I have felt really good, just tired and hungry all the time!
Movement: Not yet, I think I’m still a long way away from feeling the little jumping bean
Gender predictions: We are thinking a girl. Matt’s mom is convinced that the Tuel boys will only have girls and so far she is right. Although the Chinese calendar is predicting a boy… so we will see!

4 comments:

  1. Love it!!! Thanks for doing this!! I really wish y'all were closer!! I love you guys!! Oh, dont forget, the Dettmann girls first babies are boys....now what Matt ??!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, that is so true Crystal! Guess we will just have to wait and see! I am so glad your are doing a blog, let's see if u can keep it up! Loved all the information... so excited for yall, collin misses his aunt.Debbie and uncle monsters! I love yall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Debbie!! We're so excited. And betting on a BOY :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you guys are enjoying it! My goal is to update it at least once a week. Then I can turn it into a photo book as a cronicle for the baby! I hope you are all right and a boy is on it's way... but my gut is telling me girl. Miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete