Saturday, February 11, 2012

Two to Three Months

My little man is three months old today! Where has the time gone?

Since I have not done a great job of keeping up the blog since I went back to work, here are his two and three month stats.

Two month stats:
Weight: 14 lb. 3 oz.  (96th percentile)
Height: 24” (86th percentile)
Head Circumference: 16” (86th percentile)
Clothes: 0-3 months
Diapers: Pampers Swaddlers Size 1

Three month stats (measured at home):
Weight: 15 lb. 4 oz.
Height: 25”
Head Circumference: n/a
Clothes: 3-6 months
Diapers: Pampers Swaddlers Size 2

On one hand, I cannot believe Reed is already three month old. On the other, I do not remember life without him. He is changing every day and keeps me on my toes.
·         He is a talker! He imitates every movement my mouth makes and tries to do the same. Every once in a while it truly sounds like he is saying hi, hello and even I love you. It is so fun to watch him try to communicate. He can coo for hours.
·         First virus down. We went home for his baptism this past weekend and the poor little guy just wasn’t himself. After two nights of no sleep, no smiles and terrible congestion we took him to the doctor. The doctor told us he had RSV and prescribed him albuterol nebulizer treatments. My heart broke to see him in so much pain and was glad that the treatments seemed to make it easier for him to breath. Plus, he looked so cute with the little duck mask on.
·         His smiles and giggles melt my heart. It doesn’t take much these days to get a smile out of him. If you smile at him he usually reciprocates. Even though it is more and more common, it still melts my heart every time. I can’t wait to see him every day just to see that big gummy grin.
·         He still can’t find his thumb. He tries so hard! His hands are always in his face and his mouth is wide open. He balls up both fists and then the search begins. You can hear his smacking away as he gets one close and then his glee turns into a frustrated grunt/cry when he realizes he just can’t figure it out. It cracks me up.
·         He already has the ladies drooling. Little Elizabeth (his daycare buddy) stops everything when Reed comes into the room. She rolls over to grab at him and hold his hand. If her mom is nursing her and she hears Reed she stops what she is doing to look for him. We are in trouble.
·         He loves “tubby time” as Erica has named it. Every night at 7ish we start his bedtime routine with a bath. It is his favorite time of the day. Even if he is tired and crabby at the end of a long day, we put him in the water and he starts swimming away. His eyes dart all over while his arms and legs flail and he giggles the entire time. He can spend up to 30 minutes in the tub just swimming away.
·         Reeds growth spurts have pushed him right out of the 0-3 month clothes and into the 3-6 month although since I see him every day I don’t always see the growth. I only know that my arms have more muscles than ever before.
·         We are still 100% breast feeding, but I don’t know how much longer we will be able to hold out. Now that he is three months old I am going to start traveling again for work and while I do have pumped milk stored up, I don’t know that it is enough. I really don’t want to introduce formula but I may not have a choice.
·         Manhattan Toys are his favorite. It is a brand that makes the best baby toys. It is the small things that give me so much joy. He has gone from not knowing what a toy is to grabbing and pulling them to his mouth. I pick him up and he still hangs on tight to his toys. It is so cute!
·         He now enjoys facing out. Just within the past two weeks he has made the transition. He now wants to see what is going on around him while still being close to his mommy. It makes life a lot easier now that I can sit at the table with him on my lap perfectly content.
·         He is a perfect traveler. He has now been on two long distance round trip flights. I don’t know if it is the movement of the plane or what, but he sleeps the whole time. The only challenge is when flying by myself trying to get all my belongings on the plane with only one hand!
Here are some pictures of his two and three month photo shoots J






No comments:

Post a Comment